Image: Library of Congress
Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- Recently released report by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warns that food insecurity is about to become a whole-world problem
- An effort is underway to persuade farmers to upgrade their crop storage containers in order to reduce food lost to bruising, vermin, and spoilage
- Start-up seeks to disrupt the disrupters who brought you food-delivery apps, and the delivery couriers they employ stand to benefit
- A primer on the "Where y'all sitting" lunchroom meme trending of late
- A prison yard stare keeps beach eats safe from seagulls, experts claim
- Married woman pens agony aunt letter in which she describes the many brushes with death by mushroom allergy she has had on visits to her inlaws
- Phone listing f*ckery by Yelp squeezes restaurant owners for some extra vig, which gets passed on to Grubhub
- Study finds that compounds in dark chocolate may reduce depression to a significant extent (as if you needed an excuse to indulge)
- The science behind celiac sufferers' torment from gluten
- Chicago's Midway Airport voted nation's worst, thanks in part to its dismal dining choices
Iím always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.