Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: U.S. National Archives
- Doubt whether boost in wages by food manufacturers during pandemic fairly reflects risks faced by workers earning those wages
- Against "food bullying"
- Teachable moment: Pandemic-inspired panic-buying food shortages at supermarkets offer bourgie taste of food insecurity felt by the poor
- Coronavirus-related food shortages are really just food maldistribution
- Profile of the godmother of Ethiopean cuisine in America
- Food now rotting in the fields, thanks to COVID-19
- Meat and just: Eating cats and dogs now officially a no-no in one Chinese city
- In related news: Lab-grown beef makes big strides in passing for the real McCoy
- Aussies self-isolating in the bush can order pizza delivered by airplane
- Bats were just the beginning: Food-safety experts war of "looming zoonotic pandemic"
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.