Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- New book takes a deep dive into sundry culinary issues and the history that shaped them
- And a new exhibition in London collects food-related works from renowned photographers
- Chew-chew! Menus of the railroad dining cars of yore collected and celebrated
- A crime no matter how you slice it: Texas man arrested for breaking into home and helping himself to occupants' Thanksgiving pie
- Bio-Mass.: Bay State farmers now generate electricity from food waste
- A rundown of the year's best cookbooks and food writing
- Driven to extremes: Food-app delivery couriers in China suffer a gig economy on steroids
- Crop-circled: Debt, Big Agra, and societal woes have pushed small farmers in the U.S. to the brink of extinction
- Combatting the food-desertification of northern Arizona's Hopi lands
- Higher-ed students join the ranks of the food-insecure
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.