Pyttipanna: Swedish for “small pieces in a pan.”
Image: U.S. National Archives
- New vegan nutrition center in St. Louis the first in the U.S.
- Household wealth a determining factor in obesity among U.K. youth, study finds
- Abandoned tunnel beneath a mountain in South Korea is now home to a vertical farm
- Oh, Canada. Americans’ neighbors to the north want to make goose jerky a thing
- Better baked than broiled: Denver-based company brings to a market a meat-free burger made from hemp
- A survey of notable food and food-related trends of the 2010s
- Great Britain now has more food banks than it has McDonald’s restaurants
- Dollar stores are turning America’s rural heartland into a food desert
- You’re a mean one, Mr. President. Trump administration’s tighter standards for food-aid eligibility expected to disqualify some 700k recipients
- Discipline and punish: Podcast reveals that prisoners in the American South have been fed rotten food, cattle feed
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.