Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: National Archives at College Park
- Slim Jim–style meat sticks made over into health food for fitbros
- Obesity epidemic among squirrels in one UK park caused by handouts from passers-by
- Hatred for chatty essayistic recipes from food bloggers flows ever on
- On the Nevada Culinary Union's retreat into "fortress unionism"
- New Jersey's much-beloved pork roll's centennial celebrated in verse
- In pursuit of building a better sandwich, Japanese company brings to market mayonnaise slices (sold in packs of four)
- Bugs are the animal protein of the future
- McDonald's launches "contactless delivery" system in Singapore in response to Coronovirus scare
- Archive of Mexican cookbooks from the past 230 years now on digital view
- World's first urban "floating farm" has come on line in the Netherlands
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.