Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: US National Archives
- A bullish outlook on ersatz meats through the new decade
- Attorneys General of 15 states team to sue Trump admin over cuts to food assistance
- Silica particles added to food may help to curb obesity by inhibiting fat absorption
- Offerings of food start-ups across the pond show Brits are breaking vegan in a big way
- Review of a new novel whose subjects are that of hog farming and hog slaughter
- "Green" news you may have missed: Sheep of Scotland's Orkney Islands eat seaweed, which causes them to pass less gas than sheep fed the usual fodder
- Fake meat brand Quorn to add carbon footprint labeling to packaging
- Ben & Jerry's releases streaming-service themed ice cream flavor, "Netflix & Chill'd"
- Recent study finds that sugar alters the brain in a manner similar to drug addiction
- Salad vending machines take the Windy City
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.