Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- Global temperatures are up, and global crop yields are down
- Yet where the danger lies may lie also the means of our deliverance, or so advocates of "smart farming" believe
- Here's the takeaway: dining out is growing ever pricier compared to eating in
- Manufacturers of super-sweet foods are answering the demand of practically no one, it turns out
- That store-bought curry or masala sauce may have been sampled by seagulls before it had gotten to you
- All-beef burger but hold the cow? You got it, if you happen to live in Japan or otherwise have access to lab-grown "Shojinmeat"
- Food pairings for crime novels
- 10 ingredient knock-offs that an eatery has likely fobbed off on you, the unsuspecting diner
- Against "dine-in" movie theaters
- One Oz eatery cooks up invasive-species delicacies in a bid to get "pestatarianism" trending
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.