Image from the Ice Cream Trade Journal (1922)
Pyttipanna: Swedish for “small pieces in a pan.”
- Greening “food desert” communities, one school at a time
- Mississippi outlaws calling “veggie burgers” by that name, and a legal wrangle ensues
- But whatever you call that burger-like veggie patty, it may give you cancer
- Legendary food writer M.F.K. Fisher — Epicure … and radical?
- Increasing costs of living and doing business are killing restaurant criticism in San Francisco
- An 1851 manual on making ice cream
- For folks who are fussy about their food’s ingredients and origins, the future is in crypto
- Pick your protein — right out of thin air!
- One Israeli company seeks to take kitchen scraps beyond composting and into energy production
- Oz man contracts fatal salmonella from eating a gecko on a dare
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.