Image from Elizabeth Robins Pennell’s My Cookery Books (1903)
Pyttipanna: Swedish for “small pieces in a pan.”
- Nevada passes $10 million food bill—but it doesn’t have the $10 million
- Bread and ballots: New Zealanders will get to vote in supermarkets
- Will fast food’s love affair with fake meat last?
- An oral history of grunge food
- The New York Times asks Democrats, “What’s your favorite comfort food on the campaign trail?”
- Food stamps helped lift the US economy out of the Great Recession
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.