Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: Washington State University Library
- Farmers markets bid for "essential services" label during coronavirus quarantine
- The ethics of ordering in and takeout while in self-isolation
- How coronavirus may prove an extinction-level event for US restaurants
- Coronavirus crisis brings to light distribution problems concerning the food supply
- Chicagoland eatery throws in bog roll with every carryout order
- If there's no bread or toilet paper blame panic-buyers, not retailers
- In a related story: UK food expert calls on grocers to ration during pandemic in order to reducce food insecurity
- "Flatten the Curve": a plague poem
- Food-hoarding for dummies, brought to you by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- British supermarkets may be required by law to publicize daily on-hand inventories under new coronavirus bill
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.