Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: Library of Congress
- Food insecurity in West Africa to spike from combined woes of COVID-19, violence, and weather
- Some myths about food-handling debunked
- The inability of local food supplies to remedy pandemic-related shortages explained
- A deeper dive into present food shortages, their causes, and their implications
- Food banks stretched thin by pandemic-related high demand resort to using driverless cars
- Another pandemic-related tragedy: Oz brewers dump nearly 8 million pints of unsold kegged beer
- Cities move to pare down delivery apps' take of dinner bills in order to help struggling area eateries
- A treat to make you cry: Teargas-flavored ice cream is a thing in Hong Kong
- Trump administration permits food producers to police themselves when using GMO crops, and watchdog groups are howling
- Pizza joint owner discovers an arbitrage opportunity in popular delivery app
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.