Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: LSE Library (via Flickr)
- How the TV dinner reshaped culture
- Dinner-for-one is so unbearable for many seniors that they simply skip meals
- A writer's experience with an Instant Pot prompts a meditation on women's labor in the kitchen
- The struggles faced by urban farms
- The U.S. Food supply has grown substantially since 1970, and along with it so have our waistlines
- Recent protests in Lebanon have prompted a frenzy of food hoarding
- How DoorDash won the 'burbs and a dominant position in the food-delivery space
- Fungi-based fake steaks have arrived
- Meet the man who first developed frozen foods
- Enfant terrible: Getting toddlers hooked on bad foods means big profits
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.