Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- Blackout-related spoilage has pitched many low-income Californians into food insecurity
- Meanwhile, a program in Maryland seeks to get catering leftovers to food-insecure citizens
- Fueling discontent: The Indian city of Patna has banned cow dung, and street food vendors who burn it worry their food will lose its appeal
- The Thanksgiving feast isn't quite the windfall to farmers that you'd think it would be
- Bad prison food in the hands of one French inmate become gourmet delights
- Delicious irony: New D.C. fast-casual eatery "Immigrant Food" occupies a spot near the White House
- More and more adults are asking "Why eat meals when you can snack," study finds
- Social media's impact on Japan's food trends over the past decade
- The quotidian anarchy of a Trader Joes's parking lot, as told by the lot itself
- Proposed change to food labeling in Ireland would add miles the item traveled alongside calories and nutritional values
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.