Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- What's in a name? Recent study suggests that taste-based labeling may get people to eat more veggies and other nutritious food
- Piggin' out. New law empowers Maine schools to feed uneaten school-lunch fare to farm hogs
- Fast-food fulfillment centers? Familiar chains have begun opening "ghost kitchens" dedicated exclusively to deliveries ordered through apps
- A "litter-al" emergency: Scientists race to assess the amount of microplastic that has entered our food supply
- Fresher, CRISPR: Yogurt industry leads breakthrough in next-gen gene mod
- Sociologists explain why low-income people seldom follow popular "cooking on a budget" tips
- Get enough exercise if you want to lose weight — but also be sure to get enough sleep
- Trump administration's ongoing war on nutritional assistance to test the question of how someone may pull herself up by the straps of boots she has already boiled and eaten
- Exiting top UK health official suggests a new strategy in her nation's war on obesity — banning food on public transit
- Food-aid NGO founder recounts how he managed to get one million meals to hurricane-stricken Bahamians
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.