Pyttipanna: Swedish for “small pieces in a pan.”
- The propagandistic origin of Americans’ favorite breakfast foods, as determined by a recent poll
- A funeral home in Scottsdale, Arizona offers the recently bereaved “grief therapy” as a way of learning to live after their loss
- The minimum amounts of bugs, animal hair, and rodent poop allowed by the FDA for some favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods — revealed!
- Three Georgia corrections officers allegedly fired for running a charity food co-op from the prison that employed them
- If you’re ever in Ecuador be sure to try the Guinea pig ice cream
- A reminiscence in verse of a poet’s first visit to the green grocer
- An economist asks whether a job is really a job if it pays so little that the job holder must seek nutritional assistance
- Meet the indie mags that print emerging voices in food writing
- A surge in cases of scurvy in the UK blamed on Britons’ preference for “beige diets”
- Fear of food shortages after Brexit prompts one UK school to buy an extra freezer
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.