Image: Library of Congress
Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- Pushback by restaurateurs in India against food delivery apps
- A coming exhibition at London's Victoria and Albert Museum to feature cheese made with bacteria swabbed from celebrities (Yes, you read that right)
- Toilers in the gig economy working where they dine out in ever increasing numbers
- A blighting fungus newly arrived to South America threatens wholesale wipeout of the banana market
- Sheer heart attack! British man frys up pork chop bearing likeness of long-departed Queen frontman, Freddie Mercury
- Recent Australian study finds that long-term observance of the "paleo" diet may change your gut flora ... and not for the better
- Various ways of reducing food waste considered
- Meet the latest superfood: mesquite
- For the record, a Dairy Queen in South Carolina does not use burger patties made of human flesh, despite rumors to the contrary
Iím always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.