Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: Library of Congress
- Certain kinds of edible fungi may decrease the risk of a common cancer among men, a Japanese study suggests
- Members of San Francisco's disability community weigh in on the fraught issue of restaurant accessibility
- A rundown of the Guardian's picks for the 10 best culinary memoirs
- A common, scary-sounding food additive demystified
- Test your knowledge of the social graces and deportment requisite for negotiating the intricate niceties of an Edwardian dinner party
- 10 food hacks gone wrong .. way wrong
- Columnist and chef draws inspiration from Emily Dickinson
- The diseases and conditions caused by fast food affects crows, too, a study has shown
- Food to avoid if you wish to beat stomach bloat
- "'Grammin'" foodies have a new reason to rejoice
I'm always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.