Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
Image: Museum of History & Industry
- Data breach at food delivery company DoorDash affects some 4.9 million people
- The whole buffalo fish: A push in the UK for "nose-to-tail" use of the daily catch
- A slew of new brands offer products made from ugly produce and discarded veg bits in a bid to reduce food waste
- An interview with the author of a forthcoming title on animals we have eaten into extinction
- A case that may come before SCOTUS involves the question of whether Chicago-area food trucks enjoy rights under the Fourth Amendment
- Arizona prison allegedly served inmates food unfit for human consumption
- De-stigmatizing the "right to food" as simply code for handouts
- Amtrak to ditch dining in favor of "more 'flexible' and 'contemporary' dining options"
- Unlikely ingredient mash-ups that produce surprisingly tasty dishes
- Holy guacamole! An Israeli woman was hospitalized after eating a spoonful of wasabi, which she mistook for avocado
I’m always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.