Image: Wellcome Collection
Pyttipanna: Swedish for "small pieces in a pan."
- The Great Mac n' Cheese Swindle: Big biz and the "health-washing" of familiar instant boxed fare
- Journo reflects on his subsisting on junk food for nearly a quarter-century
- And a steady diet of junk food has robbed one UK teen of his sight
- Food insecurity among American households finally back to pre-Great Recession numbers
- Seeking to answer the burning question, Can dogs can go vegan?
- In praise of "trash fish": The unsung virtues, gastronomical and ecological, of bycatch
- If you're not eating offal, you're missing out on some great dishes
- In Germany, a course in dumpster diving for food seeks to free young adults' minds from the bonds of consumerism
- The national model for disaster preparedness is ... Waffle House?
- Florida man breaks into a stranger's house and cooks himself dinner
I'm always taking suggestions for food-related articles, projects, thought experiments to feature. Send them to @AusterityKitchn, and let me know how you would like to be credited.