Getting things done.
Definitely not spending every day consumed with worry over stupid things he never talks to anyone about.
- “Such crude advice comes routinely from the field of evolutionary psychology.”
- Does legal prostitution really increase human trafficking in Germany?
- “Even for the old, experience only serves to torment the mind on sleepless nights.”
- Joss Whedon: “You are going to change the world because that is actually what the world is.”
- “Many of [FEMEN’s] actions have been explicitly racist.”
- Enemy of the People
- How To Read Agamben
- “Juhuri, Bukhori and Judeo-Median are among the several dozen distinct languages Jews have spoken…”
- “We need to explain how the mathematics ‘arises’ in the world”
- “a great knaidel debate was in full swing during lunch at the Riverdale Y Senior Center”
- “In the end I escaped the factory, / And you died young in an alien land.”
- “A movie that depicts intellectuals isn’t necessarily intellectual.”
Who was at a conference, so he only got two Sunday Readings. What's your excuse?
- Counterproductive student evaluations.
- What's at stake in the disagreement over how to spell knaidel/kneydl?
- A history of conspiracy theories in Iran
- Carioca Orientalism: Morocco in the Imaginary of a Brazilian Telenovela
- Anthony Shadid's 2011 essay about Baghdad College
- On Japanese colonial tourism in Manchuria, Korea and Taiwan
- Mechanicalcutta: Industrialisation, new media in the 19th century
- "The first time I heard of Israel, I was six years old, Israel was two"
- Ten Reasons Not To Write Your Master’s Dissertation on Sexual Violence in War
- The case of the missing Parsi writer
- Vijay Prashad's Japanese parents
- Contemporary Uses and Misuses of the Cyrus Cylinder in Iranian Nationalist Discourse
- Islamic pop music in Indonesia
- The Vagabond Café and Jerusalem's Prince of Idleness
- A Forgotten Corner of the Indian Ocean: Gujarati Merchants, Portuguese India and the Mozambique Slave Trade
- The inadequacies of a new biography of Saadat Hasan Manto
- Jewish Languages from Bukhori to Juhuri
- Being Zoroastrian
Frank has direct access to the NSA, ironically
- Accelerationism as ideology
- "It's like plugging into the Matrix.
- Mission Creep 2020: predictive analytics on deadbeats with Edith Jones data points?
- Tech's hottest new product: NSA Glass.
- Can the subroutine speak?
- Cyprus needs a new business model.
- Government exploitation of workers and students.
- The Drugs Don't Work (new big pharma anthem?); nobody cares.
- Exterminism finally makes it to the big screen and the bookshelf.
- A tiny crack in the one-way mirror; that awkward moment when tech fanboys need to acknowledge their favorite firms' non-stop fusion with the surveillance state.
- But hey, let's keep on about the IRS scandal instead.
- Every day low prices.
- Top 1% average $666,000 gain in stocks since 2009; 50% of US own no stocks.
Bumped until Tuesday.
- Privatizing UC instruction
- On the no-confidence votes at NYU
- Government loansharking: An update on the student debt crisis
- Your student loan isn't really a loan
- Schools and the New Jim Crow
- MOOCs and the masses: Big data and the question of access in online teaching
- Istanbul uprising: The flip side of the anti-capitalist coin
- Resisting teargas, or, The conditions of a collective struggle
- On PRISM, or, Listening neoliberally
- "We need no longer imagine a future in which we are everywhere and always appearing. Everybody is a star."